March 12, 2020: Our number one priority is the health and safety of our youth and our communities. The Youth REACH MD Leadership Team is closely monitoring information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) from the Maryland Department of Health, and the Center for Disease Control.
In accordance with this guidance we are postponing the Youth REACH MD 2020 Youth Count, previously scheduled for March 1 through April 12, 2020 across the State.
We would, of course, love to continue work on the 2020 Youth Count as this is a great opportunity for us to gather information about unaccompanied homeless youth in Maryland, and improve the systems that serve them. However, we know that local CoCs are focused on caring for those in their community. These are unique times, and we look forward to a future date when we can continue our work on the 2020 Youth Count.
We urge everyone to follow CDC guidelines and protocols. For the most up-to-date information about COVID-19, visit the dedicated knowledge centers on the WHO, CDC, and HUD websites, and check with your local health organization.
Additional Resources and Information:
- CDC: Interim Guidance for Homeless Service Providers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC: Resources for Community- and Faith-Based Leaders
- CDC: Workplace, School, and Home Guidance
- HUD: Infectious Disease Toolkit for CoCs
- HUD: Questions to Assist CoCs and Public Health Authorities to Limit the Spread of Infectious Disease in Homeless Programs
- HUD: Specific Considerations for Public Health Authorities to Limit Infection Risk Among People Experiencing Homelessness
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Carrie Gould-Kabler.